Monday 19 January 2015

Maria Sharapova through to second round after straight sets win over Petra Martic

Maria Sharapova launched her Australian Open campaign in emphatic fashion as she crushed Petra Martic in straight sets.

The second seed can regain the coveted world No 1 ranking from arch-rival Serena Williams if she wins a second title at Melbourne Park and was all business as she downed Martic 6-4 6-1.

Sharapova said she was benefitting from a strong lead-in to the season-opening Grand Slam, when she won the Brisbane International.

"I made a few too many unforced errors but overall I'm glad I got through," she said. "She was a tough opponent and was really inspired."

"She can play. She's got some big weapons, I knew I had to be really strong from the beginning."

Click on ...SkySports for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We reserve the right to delete any message found vulgarizing. Avoid crude or indecent texts..