Saturday 24 January 2015

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho ashamed by shock defeat to Bradford City

Jose Mourinho said he was ‘ashamed’ by Chelsea's ‘unacceptable’ FA Cup fourth-round defeat to League One Bradford City.

Mourinho caused a stir in the week by saying it would be a disgrace if they lost to Bradford, and he reaffirmed that belief after the match.

“I repeat the word that I used yesterday in case we lost - it's a disgrace. A sporting disgrace, but it's a disgrace,” he said.

“By one side this is the beauty of football, the beauty of the FA Cup. It happens more in the FA Cup than any other country. By another side I feel ashamed and I think the players should feel exactly the same as I feel.”

"I know in the history of this competition it happens to every team now and again. For me it's the first time and I think it's unacceptable to lose against a team from a lower league."

It was the first time Chelsea have lost to lower-league opposition at home for 20 years and ends their hopes of winning the quadruple this season. ...SkySports

No comments:

Post a Comment

We reserve the right to delete any message found vulgarizing. Avoid crude or indecent texts..