Saturday 24 January 2015

British Ebola nurse Pauline Cafferkey discharged from hospital

The hero British nurse who caught Ebola while in Sierra Leone has left hospital having made a complete recovery from the killer disease.

Pauline Cafferkey was declared free of the virus after more than three weeks in hospital, where she was critically ill for a time.

The nurse, 39, from Cambuslang, in South Lanarkshire, thanked staff at the Royal Free Hospital in London and put her recovery in part down to supplies of Irn Bru.

As she left hospital yesterday, she said: "I am just happy to be alive. I still don't feel 100 per cent, I feel quite weak, but I'm looking forward to going home."

Survivor: Pauline Cafferkey with Dr Michael Jacobs
She added: "I'm looking forward to going home, I just want to see my friends and family. I'm looking forward to having a bath, I haven't had one for some time now."

"I just want to get back to normal, get my strength back as I've lost a lot of weight and eventually returning to work, obviously that's going to take some time. I've got a great job I’m working with babies under the age of five."

"I'll be having a break from aid work and I've no plans to return to it at the moment but who knows in the future."

Pauline was diagnosed with Ebola after returning to Glasgow and was initially admitted to the city’s Gartnavel Hospital on December 29, then transferred to the Royal Free the following day. ...DailyMirror


No comments:

Post a Comment

We reserve the right to delete any message found vulgarizing. Avoid crude or indecent texts..