Wednesday 21 January 2015

The incredible moment mum delivers her own twins by caesarean section

A mum took the extraordinary decision to deliver her own twins when she gave birth - even though she had a C-SECTION.

Gerri Wolfe, from New South Wales, Australia, was desperate to give birth to her babies naturally, the same as her last two children, but doctors told her one of the twins was putting pressure on a scar from a previous caesarean and a natural birth would be dangerous.

"I was desperate for another and, when the doctors told me it was too big a risk, I cried and cried,” she said.

"As my hope for a natural birth slipped away, I began thinking about how I could still have that 'I did it’ feeling."

However, she did some research and discovered a procedure called Maternal Assisted Caesarean (MAC), where the mother's hands are guided down by medics to take hold of the baby as it emerges from the stomach.

Gerri had already discussed a type of caesarean known as 'woman-centred’ with her doctors, where the baby is born more slowly, allowing the parents to watch the birth.

The baby is then placed immediately on the mother's chest.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We reserve the right to delete any message found vulgarizing. Avoid crude or indecent texts..