Wednesday 14 January 2015

Nigeria2015: I’ll support the best candidate irrespective of party, Obasanjo tells Buhari

CREDITS: PREMIUMTIMES
Former Nigerian President, Olusegun Obasanjo, on Tuesday said he adjusted his itinerary to suit and honour the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Muhammadu Buhari, who was in Ogun State for his campaign ahead of the February poll.

Mr. Obasanjo made this known when Mr. Buhari led chieftains of the party on a courtesy call to him at his private residence in Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital.

“But let me in a special way welcome Muhammadu,” Mr. Obasanjo said. “Our paths have crossed on a number of occasions and when I was told you are going to be coming to Ogun State, I wasn’t sure whether you will come here or not. But I told my boys -I said well, whatever programme we have outside Ogun State for today, let us shelve it just in case Muhammadu and his party and his team decide to call here."

“You will remember when you decided to contest you wrote me a letter this time around. And I replied your letter. When you became the flag bearer of your party, you wrote me another letter. And I replied your second letter because I believe that you have honoured me by writing and I should of course reciprocate by also responding to your letter.”

The former president said what was paramount to him was who would make Nigeria better irrespective of the party the candidate belongs to.
 
Mr. Obasanjo, however, declared that he remained a member of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.

Mr. Obasanjo added that politicians should do away with trivialities and face issues, to tell Nigeria what would be done to better their lots. ...PremiumTimes

No comments:

Post a Comment

We reserve the right to delete any message found vulgarizing. Avoid crude or indecent texts..