Saturday 31 January 2015

Frank Lampard says Jose Mourinho wants him back at Chelsea

Frank Lampard has revealed Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho would "love" him to return to the club once his playing career is over.

Lampard spent 13 years at Chelsea and is the club’s record goalscorer with 211 goals, but he left Stamford Bridge in the summer and subsequently joined Manchester City.

Mourinho has said he does not regret allowing Lampard to leave even though the midfielder scored a crucial equaliser in the Premier League fixture between the two sides earlier this season. 

However, speaking exclusively to Soccer AM, Lampard admitted that the door for a return to Chelsea in the future does remain open.

“Jose Mourinho and the club from the top have said they’ll love for me to be involved, whenever I want to go back,” he said. 

“Chelsea is like going back home and it feels such a big part of me. When you are part of Chelsea, I’ve seen it with people like ‘Chopper’ Harris and Peter Bonetti, they’re still there to this day. It’s a club that really looks after its players. If the opportunity was there to go back, I would love to, as I had such a long career there. It’s a part of me – and that never changes.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

We reserve the right to delete any message found vulgarizing. Avoid crude or indecent texts..