Sunday 15 February 2015

Kenyan Actress Lupita Nyong'o talks about pressure of fame

Oscar winning actress Lupita Nyong'o loves her time in the limelight but she says there is a huge price to fame.
The 12 Year's a Slave star who is on the cover of the March issue of Lucky, told the magazine being a recognisable face has it's down side.
"The not-so-fun part of all this is that when I don't feel like being famous, I still am. When you're in the middle of Manhattan and you have to pop into Starbucks to use the restroom and everyone recognises you when you're waiting in line, it's awkward," Lupita admitted.
Moving away from fame, Lupita highlighted her life growing up. The Face Of Lancome shed some light on her mother, Dorothy Nyong'o.
"My mother has never ever worn a drop of make-up in her life, not even at a wedding," Lupita said, "Honestly, my mother's outlook was hard for me to take when I was a teenager and wanted to experiment. But in the end I appreciated it, because today I can look in a mirror with no make-up on and love myself."

...AllAfrica 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We reserve the right to delete any message found vulgarizing. Avoid crude or indecent texts..