Wednesday 5 November 2014

Nigerian governors warn IG of Police, Abba, against partisanship

Suleiman Abba
Ahead of the 2015 general elections, Nigerian governors have cautioned the recently appointed Inspector-General of Police, Suleiman Abba, against police partisanship.


Speaking to journalists on behalf of his colleagues, at the end of a National Council of States meeting in Abuja, Tuesday, Governor Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State, advised Mr. Abba to always be fair and just while performing his responsibilities.
“I’m clear that the I-G must see Nigeria for what it is; it is a multi-party democracy; he must act according to the police law not according to the police convenience; these are my personal views,” said Mr. Oshiomhole.
“And the fact that he has been confirmed does mean if he doesn’t play according to the rules I have not forfeited my right to revise my position.
“So for now we are unanimous that based on his pedigree that Mallam Abba has what it takes to reposition the police”.
Responding to questions from journalists, Mr. Abba admitted that his confirmation as the new police boss attracts a “huge responsibility.”
“I must tell you this is a happy moment but is also a moment of sober reflection,” Mr. Abba said.
“Reflection on the responsibilities, on expectations; certainly I have to work hard to ensure that I meet up with the expectations of the office.
“Truly Nigerians and in fact all people in Nigeria deserve the best from us so that we make the environment safer and secure.
“I assure you, having reflected on all these we will ensure that we manage all the resources in the charge of the Nigerian police to ensure they are used judiciously for the safety and security of Nigeria.” ...PremiumTimes

No comments:

Post a Comment

We reserve the right to delete any message found vulgarizing. Avoid crude or indecent texts..