Friday 13 February 2015

Sacked Villa boss Paul Lambert reveals why he got sacked

Paul Lambert has issued a statement through the League Managers Association (LMA) revealing Aston Villa owner Randy Lerner reduced his players' budget despite setting him a target of staying in the Premier League. 

Lambert was sacked by Aston Villa on Wednesday, a day after the 2-0 loss to Hull saw the club slip into the Premier League relegation zone for the first time this season.

"I am extremely proud to have managed Aston Villa, a founder member of the Football League, and this sentiment will always remain with me," Lambert's statement read.

"My initial remit was to conduct a massive overhaul of the playing squad, lower the overall wage structure of the playing staff and achieve this whilst keeping the club in the Barclays Premier League. There was also a concerted effort to purchase and develop younger players who would provide a solid footing for the football club to move forward and enhance the value of the playing squad in the future."

"When I came on board, the club's owner, Randy Lerner, warned me that I was embarking on the toughest challenge of my working life and he was not wrong. But I have never stepped away from hard work and I put my heart and soul into the job from my first day until my last."


No comments:

Post a Comment

We reserve the right to delete any message found vulgarizing. Avoid crude or indecent texts..