Wednesday 11 February 2015

Sam Allardyce claims he is as good as any other manager in the Premier League

Allardyce takes his team to Southampton on Wednesday night where he comes up against Saints boss Ronald Koeman who has been widely praised for how well he has taken to managing in England.

Koeman's fellow Dutchman Louis van Gaal was accused by Allardyce of reverting to direct tactics as his Manchester United side took a last-gasp point from Upton Park on Sunday, as he labelled the Red Devils as "long-ball United", a tag the Hammers boss has had to live with himself for some time.

"I don't think there is any coach more sophisticated than me any more," said Allardyce. "That's not trying to criticise any other coaches but there is only Arsene who has done it longer than me."

"They may well have gained more experience by managing abroad like Louis van Gaal, Ronald Koeman and people like that but in this country, with the experience they've got I don't think there is any coach that would be in that position (of being more sophisticated than me). I'm just as good as everybody at this stage."

"That comes from the amount of time you do the job, how much experience you gain in the job and how much knowledge you strive for on a regular basis to keep the cutting edge. The cutting edge is what's new in football, what's the next level, where is it going to be, how can you find it, how can you implement it into your club?"

“I've always been that way inclined. I've never stood still and it's probably why I am still here managing in the Premier League for the last 13-14 years."


No comments:

Post a Comment

We reserve the right to delete any message found vulgarizing. Avoid crude or indecent texts..