Monday 23 March 2015

Loic Remy sees Blues regain six-point lead at top of BPL

Loic Remy struck for Chelsea late on to restore their six-point lead at the top of the Barclays Premier League with a 3-2 victory at Hull.

Chelsea ran into a 2-0 lead within nine minutes through Eden Hazard’s 25-yard strike and Diego Costa’s fine finish from an angle. But two quick-fire goals from Hull brought them level before the break, Ahmed Elmohamady turning home from close range before Thibaut Courtois’ poor touch allowed Abel Hernandez to net the equaliser.

Despite Hull going close on several occasions in the second half, substitute Remy grabbed the winning goal from 12 yards just two minutes after coming on.

The result keeps Hull three points clear of the drop zone with eight games to play, while Chelsea stay top by six points over Manchester City with a game in hand.

"Every time he plays, he's there. He probably deserves more than what I've given him," an admiring Mourinho told Chelsea's official website, speaking about Remy.

"Sometimes a coach can feel he owes something to a player and with Remy that's the case. I think I owe him something. Every time he plays he gives us a lot, I'm so happy for him because he deserves it."


"The title race should be over, in normal conditions," he said. "The reality is that we have a six point lead, the best situation we’ve had all season.

"At this moment, we have a six-point lead with one match in hand, which could help us or not. I'm pretty confident, I believe in my players, I believe we can do it but I know it's difficult."




No comments:

Post a Comment

We reserve the right to delete any message found vulgarizing. Avoid crude or indecent texts..