Wednesday 1 April 2015

Andy Murray wins Anderson, claiming his 500th win on the ATP Tour

Andy Murray claimed his 500th win on the ATP Tour as he advanced to the quarter-finals of the Miami Open with a hard-fought victory over Kevin Anderson.

The British No 1 was dragged into a deciding set by Anderson before he eventually sealed a 6-4 3-6 6-3 triumph, becoming only the 46th man in the Open era to reach the 500 mark.

Murray is up against Dominic Thiem, who beat Adrian Mannarino 7-6 (7-5) 4-6 7-5.

Murray admitted that he was proud to become just the ninth active player to join the '500 Club'.

He told Sky Sports: "There's not a whole lot of people who've made it to 500 so it's quite nice to do that. I've put in a lot of hard yards and done a lot of work here. I hope it's not the last win and I hope there are a few more in my career."

"I have a certain number in mind before I finish my career and hopefully my body can hold up."


No comments:

Post a Comment

We reserve the right to delete any message found vulgarizing. Avoid crude or indecent texts..