Thursday 8 January 2015

Novak Djokovic loses in three sets to Ivo Karlovic in Doha quarters

Novak Djokovic suffered a surprise loss against Croatia's Ivo Karlovic 6-7 (2-7) 7-6 (8-6) 6-4 in the Qatar Open quarter-finals in Doha. 

Karlovic, 35, served 21 aces as the world number one struggled to control his ground strokes in high winds. 

Karlovic said: "I was feeling good despite the wind. I know he wasn't able to show his full range."


"I was relaxed and didn't feel I had to do anything extraordinary. I just had to focus on my game."


In the semi-finals, Karlovic will face Spain's David Ferrer, who overcame Germany's Dustin Brown 6-2 6-2.

Third seed Tomas Berdych from the Czech Republic will face Italy's Andreas Seppi in the other semi. ...BBCSport

No comments:

Post a Comment

We reserve the right to delete any message found vulgarizing. Avoid crude or indecent texts..