Sunday 4 January 2015

La Liga: Over 45,000 fans turn out to welcome Fernando Torres back to Atletico Madrid

The former Liverpool and Chelsea striker was presented to the fans at the Vicente Calderon Stadium while waiting for his loan from AC Milan to become official when the Italian transfer market opens on Monday.

Torres says he returned to Diego Simone’s Spanish champions in bid to rekindle his competitive spirit with his boyhood club.


"I was missing something to motivate me, something that I could only find here.
 
"I have been dreaming for so long that that one day this could be a reality. It is difficult to believe it now."

"When I was 24, I understood something that was very hard for me, that I needed to leave so the club could grow and so I could also grow.

"That was the most difficult moment of my career. The club has grown and won important things. I too got the titles I was looking for, but I was missing something. I want to win them here."

Torres could make his debut against crosstown rivals Real Madrid in the first leg of their round-of-16 Copa del Rey tie on Wednesday.



 ...SkySports

No comments:

Post a Comment

We reserve the right to delete any message found vulgarizing. Avoid crude or indecent texts..