Thursday 30 October 2014

Why I’m releasing an album this year – Olamide

Olamide
Rapper, Olamide, has revealed why he is releasing a new album just a year after his 3rd studio album, Baddest Guy Ever Liveth, was released.


Speaking to journalists on Monday on the upcoming concert for Fuji star, King Wasiu Ayinde Marshal aka Kwam 1, Olamide, said music marketers demanded an album following the success of his two singles, Story for the Gods and Awon Goons Mi.
“They told me to come up with something and it was ready in like one week,” the YBNL boss said.
The rapper had told reporters in March that he would not be releasing an album this year.
He said the expected YBNL, his record label collaboration album will no longer be released this year.
He said he wanted his artistes, Lil Kesh and Vicktor, to grow, be loved and create a demand for their musical body of work.
“Right about now, because Kesh is still building up and Vicktor is also building up as well, so they really need some more time, because doing a collaboration album now will look like I’m just forcing them on the people which I don’t want to do. I want people to develop love for them and demand for it because if you are pushing an album out and there is no demand for it, it’s not going to sell,” Olamide said.
Speaking on the November 21 concert for Kwam 1 tagged K1 Live Unusual, Olamide said his fans should expect his best as he’s a big fan of the legendary Fuji star.
“I will do it to make my mama proud because my mum is a big fan of K1 and anything to make my mother happy, I will do it,” he said.
Asked if he will be relasing an album every other year, Baddo, as he is fondly called, said: “As long as marketers are willing and demanding every year, I will release.”
Olamide debuted with Rapsody in 2011 and then went on to release critically acclaimed albums, Yahoo Boy No Laptop and Baddest Guy Ever Liveth in 2012 and 2013 respectively. His fourth, album Street OT will be released November. ...PremiumTimes

No comments:

Post a Comment

We reserve the right to delete any message found vulgarizing. Avoid crude or indecent texts..